It has been quite the week. Luckily I have been able to successfully start a fire when I need one. And for those who are in the know on starting a fire or combustibles... without lighter fluid. Yeah, I know. It has been a miracle and I give all the credit to the man who must also b
Since we are talking about colors... not only am I blue but I am green too. We have finally gotten to the paint part of our project! It has been a long 4 months, but we have made it to paint! I even went and picked out the carpet yesterday! Our big hallway will now be used as an actual living room. I was telling my mom this past week that I look back at the photos of what the room used to look like and it doesn't look too bad. However, the photos don't do enough justice. My photos aren't scratch and sniff. There isn't enough "sniff" in this world to share that smell with you all. Thankfully, it is all gone and you don't have to be educated! Much, much work! I will post photos when I do the finishing touches and the carpet is in.
I was able to go with my YW to the Stake Winter Splash today. What a great experience! We had to drive 2 hours to get to the building in our stake in which it took place. We were blessed by the Lord to have just enough snow to do snow sculptures! And for those that know the weather out here... it didn't look like we would be that lucky because the snow blows away or gets rained on constantly. The snow sculptures didn't start out too well! It was mainly a colorful snowball fight as my girls thought it would be cool to take the food coloring to their mischievous plans on the boys (may I remind you we have no YM). It took a great leader (oh I am sure prideful) to get them focused on the branch president... just kiddi
We enjoyed an afternoon of laughter, friendship, and human fussball. Thankfully the weather held out until our drive home!
I liked the drive though because of the nice heater! And we come full circle to the idea of the weather. With a forecasted high of 10* tomorrow, we are sure to feel that deep in the bones.

On the more spiritual side of life... which I am learning is the way to peace and happiness... I have really felt the power of personal prayer with the Lord this week. In a blessing that I was given a couple of weeks ago, I was advised to drop on my knees in all my pain and troubles. Not that I needed to complain to the Lord, but to tell him all. I have really tried to take that challenge upon me, and I have noticed a greater desire to want to speak with my Father in heaven and at any time of the day. Not just morning or night. Not just that but I have had God, in the most powerful and special way, turn into my Heavenly Father. I can now bear testimony of that too... take care. -C-
1 comment:
Claire is pretty much an awesome wife.
Post a Comment