Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Holidays Have Arrived!!!


Our week was exhausting and wonderful! We work ourselves to the bone! The Halloween carnival at the church that my Young Women were in charge of turned out great. All my girls liked having Tyler around (we don't have any young men in our branch). I loved having the Thomas' here because they were very dedicated to keeping the fire going in our furnace. Lon was the best about this... if you notice the photos, he took 10 min trying to shove the log in the fire... but he did it!
Besides working too much, Bev and I spent all day last Friday making Thanksgiving dinner. I learned how to make homemade stuffing, pies, and whipped cream. We had a full blown dinner in our little kitchen. I swear we dirtied and washed each dish at least twice. The meal was wonderful even though we ate it a 9pm because the boys came home 2 hours late from work. The Thomas' left on Saturday... a little too early and a little too late! :) We are excited to fly back to Utah on Dec. 17th. So those that want to see us, start setting your dates!!!

We had yet another surprise on Sunday when Dan was called as the Branch Clerk. So now with both our callings, we are fulling serving! It is really nice and overwhelming at the same time. I have Young Women's in Excellence this coming Sunday! Yikes! I am also FINALLY starting my Ballroom classes tonight. I am really excited and not nervous at all!
(After all my slaving, I am not in the photo with all my yummy work! Bummer)

2 comments:

Jake Trent said...

And yummy it would seem, indeed. :)

Josh said...

Nice lookin dinner... & log.

Sam'njosh